Plan Your Visit
Here is a range of information to help you plan your visit to Framlingham
How to get here
- An electric on-demand taxi/bus service is available from Framlingham to Wickham Market train station, and then on to Snape. Find out more at KATCH.
- Bus Numbers 63, 118 and 119 run between Framlingham and Ipswich.
- To help plan your bus journey see the local bus routes on the Suffolk Bus Map or you can use the journey planner on the Suffolk on Board website.
- Wickham Market station (at Campsea Ashe): 6.5 miles
- Then use the electric on-demand taxi/bus service to get to Framlingham - see Katch above.
- Saxmundham station: 7 miles.
Public car parks
- Market Hill Pay and Display car park, Market Hill, Framlingham, IP13 9AN
Not available on Market days which are on Tuesdays and Saturdays: restrictions from 6am - 3pm
30 minutes free, up to 2hrs: £1 no return for 4hrs
- Fore Street Pay and Display car park, Fore Street Framlingham, IP13 9DY
30 minutes free, up to 2hrs: £1, up to 4hrs: £2, all day: £4
- The Elms Pay and Display car park, New Road, Framlingham, IP13 9EH
Privately owned car parks
- Castle Parking for 30 cars - charges apply to non-members. Parking free for members. This car park is 300 metres from the entrance of the castle.
- Co-op car park for 68 cars - from 7am - 10pm weekdays and Saturdays, 10am - 4pm Sundays
- Castle Community Rooms (formally St Michael's Rooms) - closed for building works
On street parking
- Restrictions of one hour in the town centre, currently free
- Haynings Service Station - Saxmundham Road
- Co-op Petrol station and convenience store - Station Road