Notes from Communication, Events Committee
Meeting on 14 March 2023
At the latest meeting the main topics for discussion and agreement were as follows:
1. The Coronation weekend is approaching fast and the Council are looking to host two events. On the Saturday 6th of May there are plans for a large screen to be erected in St Michael's church to live screen the Coronation. On Sunday 7th of May 2023 there will be a family picnic event in the Pageant Field. We will have a sharing table, and everyone is encouraged to bring food and drink. There will be live music and children's entertainment. There will be a pay bar for the event.
Would you like to run an activity on the Sunday picnic? We are seeking ideas to make this a relaxed and fun event - please contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Annual Parish meeting will take place on the 31st of May 2023. The Woodbridge Transition Group, Framlingham Swift Rescue and The River Trust will all be giving talks. Please come along and listen to these interesting talks.
4. The use of the surplus from the Sound and Light spectacular by the Noise of Art to deliver a video presentation and workshop for students at Thomas Mills High School is now being planned.
5. The Council are already planning for the Christmas on the Hill event which will take place on the 8th of December 2023. The electricity network is being upgraded in time for the event.
6. We discussed adverse reaction among some in the town to two recent surveys that raised false (unrealistic) expectations. When asking multiple choice questions, we need to be clear if some of the options can't be provided by the Council itself. We also must make clear that small surveys are not necessarily representative of the whole town.
The full set of minutes will be available online soon and will be formally agreed at the next meeting on Tuesday 11th April at 7pm at the Town Council office, or by zoom. See all the committee minutes at https://www.framlingham.com/council-business.html
Posted: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 09:16 by Web Editor